Exam 70-642 Has anyone taking this exam and passed? RRS feed

• Question

• I am scheduled to take the 70-642 exam and I wanted to see if anyone used practice tests to prepare. If so, did they help or should I find other means of preparing. I am currently using MeasureUp and I can pass those practice test with no problem but I don't want to be out of the loop if there are questions on the exam that are not covered in the practice test.

Any other suggestions on how to fully prepare?
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:54 PM

Answers

• I haven't taken this particular exam (yet) but several sites indicate it's easier than the 70-640 (Active Directory) exam.  If you're doing well on the MeasureUp questions, and using the MS Press book and doing the exercises, it sounds like you've got a great grasp of the material. 
    • Marked as answer by Kiasha Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:59 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:53 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• What other study books (i.e. MS Press or Sybex) or computer based/video training (i.e. CBT Nuggets, TestOut, Trainsignal) are you using?  FWIW, MeasureUp tests fairly closely mirror the types of questions you'll see on the actual test, but they're not verbatim.   The key is to make sure you understand the concepts and material behind the questions.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:04 PM
    Answerer
  • I also have some TestKing practice questions and I am using Virtual PC to do the labs that are in the Microsoft Official Course book. I am going back over the topics that Microsoft say are covered in the exam to make sure I have a good understanding.

Have you taken this exam? Did you pass? Is it hard or should I relax? I am so nervous about taking it for the first time. I am taking the Instructor-led courses and don't want to fail.

Kiasha
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:09 PM
  • I haven't taken this particular exam (yet) but several sites indicate it's easier than the 70-640 (Active Directory) exam.  If you're doing well on the MeasureUp questions, and using the MS Press book and doing the exercises, it sounds like you've got a great grasp of the material. 
    • Marked as answer by Kiasha Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:59 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:53 PM
    Answerer
  • I used Measure ups, Microsoft tool kit with I thought were excellent practice exams attended the 6420, 6421 classes studied like a madman came up with nearly perfect scores, scored 510 on the test, I also prepared by attending a cisco classes to prepare my subnetting with ipv4, no questions on the test I took all ipv6 only. heavy questions about subnetting ipv6, bit locker setup questions multiple questions on direct access and powershell commands, whats dns sec? test was 56 questions 3.5 hours long, good luck none of the material I studied could have prepared me for this exam I took

Friday, April 29, 2011 9:31 PM
  • same here, nothing covered directaccess, branchoffice, or dns sec. but htere was a bunch of questions on them on the test.
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:41 PM
  • for one thing the R2 version of the training kit came out the first of June of this year, all of these items are in the book including ipv6 subnetting, Microsoft has put out a clinic 10183 (google it) and are coming out with an R2 class but has not shown up in any gold partner classroom as of yet, any body up for subnetting in hex?
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:13 PM