Windows "not genuine" after upgrading hard drive, also unable to run Java scripts RRS feed

• Question

• My old hard drive was filling up and I cloned it and replaced it with a larger hard drive.  I used apricorn EZ gig IV software to clone the drive and replaced the old drive with the new one as the software directed. After a couple of days, I started receiving the Windows "not genuine" alert.  I went onto the website and downloaded the current Intel rapid storage drivers as recommended in another post, but I am still getting the error messages.  also, I tried downloading and running the diagnostic software to search for additional drivers that I may be missing and when the java window pops up on my screen, I click on the box to open the program, my computer freezes and does not open the program.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 4:39 PM

Answers

• To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:26 AM