Live Mesh with multiple monitors is driving me crazy. RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using RDC just fine to connect to my home computer while away on business.  I decide to try Live Mesh which is inferior for several reasons.  One is the multiple monitor issue.  I can either have a compressed and unreadable display or I can have an "actual size" desktop that requires me to pan an zoom around.  No fun.  Then I tried to go back to RDC, and apparently some setting has now been changed and regular RDC shows me only my second monitor -- a blank desktop -- with no access to Start, icons, etc., on the other desktop.  Question: if I just uninstall everything related to Mesh, will I be able to get back to the functionality I had before?  Or do you have any other steps to recommend?  I tried disabling the second monitor in Display Settings, but something -- Mesh?  -- keeps reenabling the second monitor every time I log in.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 10:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Uninstalling Live Mesh should restore your dual monitor functionality but before uninstalling could you please submit a bug report with Live Mesh logs per this post - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/LiveMesh/thread/d52b350a-f3e0-41c6-8e78-d6378e566b9e
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 1:11 AM
  • I was able to get RDC working again, but loggin in through Mesh and setting my primary monitor to monitor 1, and killing the second monitor.  But anytime I log back in through Mesh, it resets my primary monitor to monitor 2!  And I have to manually reset it.  IMHO, Mesh should not change my display settings without permission. 
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:15 AM
  • I was able to get RDC working again, but loggin in through Mesh and setting my primary monitor to monitor 1, and killing the second monitor.  But anytime I log back in through Mesh, it resets my primary monitor to monitor 2!  And I have to manually reset it.  IMHO, Mesh should not change my display settings without permission. 

Can you please file a bug report on this if you have not already done so?

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, May 8, 2009 2:35 PM