Windows Live One Care Subscription RRS feed

• General discussion

•         Hello, I have a simple question. I purchased Microsoft Live One Care about a year ago on April and installed it on early May on my Windows XP Machines and felt satisfied. Only until I wanted to try Microsoft Security Essentials Beta in early June/July (I don't remember when exactly) so I temporarily drop Live One Care in favor of help out with the beta. It has been months and Windows 7 was released. I went and purchased a copy at a local retail store only to find that Live One Care doesn't work with Windows 7. I tried ask for help for many times and nobody helped me. So my only option was to install the stable build of Microsoft Security Essentials. It's been working fine for a long time until I received an email claiming my subscription to Live One Care is about to expire. Well I couldn't get a refund at the store I purchased Live One Care because they claim the package was already open. Well yes they do have a point there, the only problem is, now what can I do? How can I get back a form of refund for the months of Live One Care I couldn't use? Is there something out there that Microsoft can do to help me?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Monday, March 15, 2010 4:03 AM

All replies

• I don't think a refund would be appropriate. You chose to use Microsoft Security Essentials during the time your One Care subscription was active. I don't see how anyone but you would be responsible for that choice. One Care will install and function properly on all the supported operating systems listed on the One Care site. Windows 7 is not listed as a supported operating system. I'm sorry you did not get full use of your subscription but this was due to choices you made, not a defect in One Care.

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Monday, March 15, 2010 2:28 PM
  • You probably are not eligible for a refund, but you can certainly try. Instructions for how to apply for one are included here:

See this post for End of Life information for Windows Live OneCare - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/81996436-edad-41ba-bdfc-02fc094e2ca9

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, March 15, 2010 5:04 PM
  • @Verenos, You will be eligible for a refund.. Chk this site

http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/activation/oc_eol_guidance.htm

HOW LONG CAN I USE MY WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE SUBSCRIPTION?
    Current OneCare customers will continue to receive signature updates and support throughout the duration of their subscriptions to ensure subscribers remain protected and have ample time to find another security solution for their PC. However, OneCare will not be updated to run on Windows 7. Customers moving to Windows 7 will need to move to a new security solution and may be eligible for a refund .
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:28 AM