Setting up Bills in Money RRS feed

• Question

• I have Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.

I recently set up a second file, the aim being to close off the current one on 31st December and begin the fresh file in 1st January. (The old one has several years on it and I haven't been able to archive, so thought a fresh file, leaving the old one for reference would work fine.)

All went week until I tried to set up the Bills section with repetitive payments or transfers, as I have on the old file. I don't use it online to initiate direct debits, that is set up at the bank, but just to replicate what the bank is set to doing in my various accounts on Money.

In the Payment Method drop down menu the original file has several options but the new one just has "Write Cheque". Also the old file automatically makes an entry in the Register. There are also other differences between the two.

As both files are in the same software package I can't understand why the Bills section isn't identical. Is there a way of overcoming this?   

Monday, November 4, 2019 6:53 AM

Answers

• You need to go to the Bills Settings and turn on the Advanced Bills. I would suggest you turn on the Advanced versions of Accounts and Reports as well.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Monday, November 4, 2019 3:52 PM

All replies

• You need to go to the Bills Settings and turn on the Advanced Bills. I would suggest you turn on the Advanced versions of Accounts and Reports as well.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Monday, November 4, 2019 3:52 PM
  • I have Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.

I recently set up a second file, the aim being to close off the current one on 31st December and begin the fresh file in 1st January. (The old one has several years on it and I haven't been able to archive, so thought a fresh file, leaving the old one for reference would work fine.)

For most people, I would recommend to not archive. But you are a person that archive was made for.

Why can't you archive? Perhaps, after a level 2 file repair, you could archive.

But if you want a new file, Bob's got you covered.

Monday, November 4, 2019 7:08 PM
  • Thank you Bob. That achieved everything I wanted; much appreciated.
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 2:19 AM
  • Thanks. I haven't tried to archive this time as previously I couldn't get it to do it so it suited me. Probably my fault. What I have done and it is a satisfactory answer is start a new file as from Jan 2020. I will start it with opening balances matching the closing balances for December and keep the current file for reference if needed.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 10:08 PM