I Can't Make the backup RRS feed

• Question

• I install the windows live one care in mi laptop, and make that laptop HUB PC, now i change the laptop an install again the WLOC and i follow the steps remove the older pc and try to put this new by clicking "make this computer the HUB Pc" but it didn't do it and also is not showing the link again son i cant make backup because saids that i have to make that pc as a HUB one, i uninstalled and reinstalled several times and i still have the problem, anyone can help me please?

Monday, October 6, 2008 5:12 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure that I'm understanding the problem, Daniel.

It sounds like you have two problems.

1. You installed and activated OneCare on a new PC and want to make it a hub. What happens when you follow the process under Manage Your OneCare Circle to make the PC a hub?

2. You are unable to configure centralized backup because the PC reports that it needs to be done from a hub, which is the PC that you no longer have and want to remove from your subscription.

If I got that correct, solving problem 1 should resolve problem 2 and also the desire to remove the PC you no longer have from your subscription.

I think that it may be worth contacting support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, October 6, 2008 6:41 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure that I'm understanding the problem, Daniel.

It sounds like you have two problems.

1. You installed and activated OneCare on a new PC and want to make it a hub. What happens when you follow the process under Manage Your OneCare Circle to make the PC a hub?

2. You are unable to configure centralized backup because the PC reports that it needs to be done from a hub, which is the PC that you no longer have and want to remove from your subscription.

If I got that correct, solving problem 1 should resolve problem 2 and also the desire to remove the PC you no longer have from your subscription.

I think that it may be worth contacting support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, October 6, 2008 6:41 PM
  • Thank you for response

basicaly is like you understand, but the thing is the first time i reinstal the software into the new pc the part "
    Manage Your OneCare Circle" show me the new pc and the pc i dont have, so i remove the pc i dont have, and the i click in a like that saids" Make your pc as hub pc" or something like that then the pc reboots, no longer show my old pc and no longer show the link for make a hub pc, but when i try to make backup still showing a message tha said that i have to convert that pc into a hub pc. but is not working is not loger showing a link for that.
    Monday, October 6, 2008 6:50 PM
  • It sounds like you have made this PC into a hub now, since there no longer is an option to make it a hub, or the removal of the other PC has made the Hub a moot point as there is now only a single PC on your subscription.

Since you are now unable to change your backup settings and it sounds like you had Centralized Backup configured on the PC that is now removed from the subscription, I think you may need to contact support per the link I provided above.

-steve

Monday, October 6, 2008 7:14 PM