Windows 7 reboots after connecting via internet sharing using a windows 8 phone(Nokia lumia 720) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Am using Nokia lumia 720 windows 8 phone, when i connect this to my laptop running on win 7 (Lenovo T430) via internet sharing my laptop restarted after a few min of connecting(say 3-4 min).

One of my friend also has same lumia  720 mobile in that also we observed same issue.(windows 8 phone  to windows 8 laptop works fine).

No idea this is the issue with nokia lumia 720 mobile.

please identify this issue and fix it .

Thanks,

RAVISIDDESH

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I am encountering the exact same problem, which strangely only started occurring a few weeks ago (before that, it worked perfectly).

I have a Nokia Lumia 920, and I use its Internet Sharing to give a Wifi connection to my IBM Lenovo T430. I manage to get the laptop to accept the Wifi connection (although at the beginning, the laptop says that there is no Internet connectivity possible from the Wifi connection). As soon as I start to access any Web page (whether via Internet Explorer or Google Chrome), I get a blue screen and the laptop reboots.

A solution would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards, cagiedude

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 4:59 PM
  • Almost identical issue with Lumia 925 and Windows 7 PC.

About 30 seconds after the PC connects to WiFi provided through the phone, the PC reboots. No error messages, no nothing (so no blue screen).

Problem hasn't been solved since I upgraded from Windows Phone 8.0 to 8.1/Cyan last week and I can also confirm that I am not experiencing any issues with my Surface running Windows 8.1.

Friday, July 25, 2014 9:13 AM
  • We had same issue with Sony VAIO laptops. They are just going BSOD after connecting to lumia hotspot.

We solved that by installing default microsoft drivers for network adapter instead of latest intel/broadcom(not sure if that was broadcom chip).

Thursday, December 4, 2014 6:35 PM