unable to subscribe RRS feed

• Question

•  

Always get error message 7105 to enable cookies when trying to subscribe  . using IE , how to resolve problem
    Sunday, May 11, 2008 12:37 PM

Answers

• I am not familiar with the 7105 error but to enable cookies in IE open Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Privacy, selecy Advanced, uncheck "Override automatic cookie handling".

Sunday, May 11, 2008 1:39 PM

All replies

• I am not familiar with the 7105 error but to enable cookies in IE open Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Privacy, selecy Advanced, uncheck "Override automatic cookie handling".

Sunday, May 11, 2008 1:39 PM
  • I have onecare and it was activated with out an email address, so how do I change it so I can use it on another computer?

Sunday, May 11, 2008 2:29 PM
  • Hello Russel, I don't think One Care can be activated without a Live ID. On the computer where One Care is installed, open One Care, open Help>About and you should see the Live ID used to activate your subscription. Use that same Live ID to activate One Care on the second computer.

Sunday, May 11, 2008 8:11 PM
  • The live id says that our subscription is no longer active.  We bought this at Walmart and can not get the product key to activate. what do I need to do to activate this?

Sunday, May 11, 2008 9:38 PM
  • I'm haveing a simular problem. I got a copy of Windows One Care from WallMart and can't register it. Any sudgestions?

Sunday, May 11, 2008 11:51 PM
  •  Russell D. wrote:

The live id says that our subscription is no longer active.  We bought this at Walmart and can not get the product key to activate. what do I need to do to activate this?

Russell, when you first installed OneCare, did you subscribe with a LiveID and the product key from the retail copy from WalMart? If you didn't subscribe, you need to do so. Click on the link in OneCare to subscribe and sign in with a LiveID. Select the option to subscribe with a retail product key. Complete the process. Once the subscription has been activated, you can use the same LiveID to subscribe on the 2nd PC. If you simply installed OneCare from the CD, you did not create the subscription.

If, however, you did subscribe, but OneCare shows that it has expired now, please check the date and time on your PC. Also, sign in with the LiveID for your subscription, found in OneCare - Help/About... - at http://billing.microsoft.com to see the status of your subscription.

If you need to get help with this problem, contact support. Note that you can use the email support option, but make sure that you indicate that you are a subscriber and have a product key, asking for the phone number in your support submission.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, May 12, 2008 1:54 PM
  •  R. Koop wrote:

I'm haveing a simular problem. I got a copy of Windows One Care from WallMart and can't register it. Any sudgestions?

RK, please provide more information on what you are encountering when trying to subscribe to OneCare with the retail product key from the package purchased at WalMart. Are you getting an invalid key message or is it some other problem?

-steve

Monday, May 12, 2008 1:56 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:
     R. Koop wrote:

I'm haveing a simular problem. I got a copy of Windows One Care from WallMart and can't register it. Any sudgestions?

RK, please provide more information on what you are encountering when trying to subscribe to OneCare with the retail product key from the package purchased at WalMart. Are you getting an invalid key message or is it some other problem?

-steve

I have loaded the One Care program and when I click on line to enter the product code or token I get the message that this isn't an available option.

Monday, May 12, 2008 9:30 PM
  • RK, I'm not sure that I have ever encountered that. Do you mean that you get an error when you select the option to activate using a product key? Or do you mean that you get an error after you enter the key and click to proceed?

-steve

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:13 AM
  • it says that the porduct key is already in use and to enter a new one, on both of my computers. what do I do?

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:56 AM
  • Russell, did you activate OneCare at all on any computer using that product key and your email address/LiveID?

If so, you can't use it again. You must use the LiveID to activate additional installs and reinstalls.

If you have never used the key before, either exchange the retail copy at WalMart for a new one or contact OneCare support: 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and copy/paste this link http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3331776&SiteID=2 in the message. I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:28 AM
  • is there a phone number that I can call and talk to someone live?

Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:15 AM
  •  Russell D. wrote:

is there a phone number that I can call and talk to someone live?

Russell, please read the post directly above yours on how to contact me. I cannot post the phone number here and will delete it if anyone else does.

-steve

Thursday, May 15, 2008 1:12 PM