Import POI data from online bing map to Streets and Trips? RRS feed

• Question

• I hope this is easy. I'm not very up to date on GPS related software. Used to be but it is developing so quickly that I've fallen behind. I believe Microsoft's S and T integrates with Bing maps but I can't find reference to the following.

I have S&T 2011 full version with gps. I'd like to import the data points from an online bing map
    (for instance)....
    http://extra.hollandsentinel.com/garagesalesmap.shtml
    to S&T as a .gpx file rather than pushpin each address manually (one at a time).

When you click on Holland 38 listings the POI map opens.   I'd like to see all the points at once on my streets and trips program.  I can find no immediately straightforward option to import/export the .gpx data in a URL in the menus of either S&T or the Bing online map options.

Is this possible? 
    Thanks for any assistance.

• Edited by svejkovat Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:48 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:25 PM

All replies

• Quite surprised at this.  Posted in another forum a week ago and no answer.  I would seem to me to be pretty elementary stuff.  Microsoft owns/develops both platforms.  Many businesses and services post information on Bing maps.  A Microsoft customer would like to use his GPS, in a format that is familiar such as S&T,  to navigate to those points of interest that are displayed in a Bing map on the web.

From what little I understand, you can save data from S&T as .gpx files and export them to Bing maps.   But I've found nothing at all that relates to going in the other direction (frankly, far more useful for my purposes).

So is there any way at all to access, save, export, etc the .gpx info contained in online Bing maps such as the one I linked to above so that I can save and import it to S&T?

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:46 PM