none
70-640 RRS feed

• Question

• I was just curious to know if the MS Press book w/R2 is enough to pass this exam without anything else?  I'm 1/2 way through this and feel like a grasping and learning a lot, but I want to make sure that I have all the study materials covered.  I've heard a lot of people failing this exam the first time, but I'm not sure what all they used to study for it.

I'd appreciate any recommendations...tia

There is always a way...
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• What hands-on experience do you have with R2 (by hands-on I mean actually using the product day-to-day, not just using the product while doing exercises in a book)?
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:05 PM
  • Hi Master97,

It's important to verify the Skills Measured from Microsoft Learning (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-640&locale=en-us#tab2) as a Study Guide. You have to go deep on every item and to be sure of mastering every single item. Furthermore, you have to know what changes and how, It could be possible as well that the question could be about Windows 2008 and not to Windows 2008 R2; the question will tell.

Microsoft Technet has many articles like this http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd391932(WS.10).aspx

Windows 8 is coming...

Alfredo Arizaleta

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no express or implied warranties or rights.
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:11 PM
  • I don't have much experience with R2 other than the labs in the book.  I've done a lot of ADUC stuff and have installed the server and set it up in our production and test environments.  Also, I've seen the study guides from Microsoft, what I was really wanting is another study aide like a book or testing software.  I constantly hear how a lot of cert books aren't the "end all, be all" and there is usually another book read in conjunction with the MS press books to pass the test.
    There is always a way...
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:00 PM