Money 2002 Corrupted file RRS feed

• Question

• having a problem with Microsoft Money 2002, i have a .mny file that when i try to open the file i get the following msg " money has detected that you did not close the file (MICHEL 03) before exiting. Money now need to verify the information in your file. if your file is large, this may take a few minutes.do you want to do this now?" and nothing happened even i have tried repair the file using the SALV.exe that i have on the installation disk and also it didn't work, i also deleted Money and reinstall it knowing it is the problem because i have other file that is still working properly,is there any other way to repair this file ? i also tried to use the back up file i have but also couldn't restore it and getting a msg that MICHEL 03 backup.mbf is corrupted or is not a money back up file. please HELP !!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:42 AM

All replies

• Do you have another copy of your .mny file or .mbf file somewhere that you could try to open? Maybe in the Recycle Bin or in File History if you are using that?

In my experience it is usually not possible to recover a file that is giving the corrupt file message when you open it - you have to go back to a previous file or backup that has not been corrupted.

Jonathan.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 2:59 PM
  • Check if there is a file   *.lrd  in the same folder as your  *.mny  file   (* standing in place of whatever you call your Money file) ~ and if there is, then delete it.  A  *.lrd  file is always created when Money is opened to STOP you (any of us) opening 2 Money files simultaneously.

Teabag

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 4:32 PM