Setting Account 'Relationship Type' to 'Prospect' when Qualifying a Lead RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Could someone tell me what would be the easiest way to automatically set the 'Relationship Type' field on the Account entity to 'Prospect' when a user creates an account by Qualifying a lead using the 'Qualify' button.

Thanks

David Hodgson
    Add me on Twitter and LinkedIn
    www.infinitygroup.co.uk
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:20 AM

Answers

• Hello, David.

As for me the easiest way is to create Workflow which will be triggered on acount creation. Then you should insert check condition on originating lead field that this field is not empty. In the case originating lead field is not empty - this account is created with qualification of lead and you should insert update of account action and update Relationship type field.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    • Marked as answer by DavidHodgson Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:56 AM
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hello, David.

As for me the easiest way is to create Workflow which will be triggered on acount creation. Then you should insert check condition on originating lead field that this field is not empty. In the case originating lead field is not empty - this account is created with qualification of lead and you should insert update of account action and update Relationship type field.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    • Marked as answer by DavidHodgson Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:56 AM
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:47 AM
  • Thank you very much Andiry
    David Hodgson
    Add me on Twitter and LinkedIn
    www.infinitygroup.co.uk
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:56 AM