none
User Profile Information is Difficult to Read RRS feed

• General discussion

• When viewing user information on the User Profile page, the contrast between the Grey background and the Grey font is so close that it is almost impossitble to read. (Probably related to the control non-editable property...)

Please make the font darker (black).
    You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:10 PM

All replies

• I second that suggestion!
    CHO, HomePage Doctor
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 12:33 PM
  • Arnie Rowland said:

When viewing user information on the User Profile page, the contrast between the Grey background and the Grey font is so close that it is almost impossitble to read. (Probably related to the control non-editable property...)

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

I agree!
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:06 PM
  • Arnie Rowland said:

When viewing user information on the User Profile page, the contrast between the Grey background and the Grey font is so close that it is almost impossitble to read. (Probably related to the control non-editable property...)

I guest It's better to have other type of control like a label because the user the the fell he can edit the profile (other person profile).

Don't forget to mark the best replies as answers!
    Friday, March 7, 2008 9:13 PM
  • Arnie, I'm about to start on v2 of the profile page, and this issue is at the top of the list. Going forward, we will have two distinct views of the profile page: owner (signed in), and visitor.
    Chris Slemp, Program Manager, MSDN and TechNet
    Monday, March 17, 2008 9:33 PM
  • Not only is it hard to read -- it's also unusable. What if you want to copy-paste someone's homepage URL? It won't let you.
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 11:57 AM
  • As of current version, April 8th, Profile background color has been de-intensified, and font color is black, soit is easier to read the profile information, and it can be selected and copied.

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:29 PM
  • We did an update to the Profile Page.  We made the following changes
    1. Read only mode of other profiles is easier to read.
    2. URL's can be copied to the clip board.
    3. Disabled charactor blocking from inputs fields.
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 8:14 PM