Windows Home Server 120 days Evaluation and direct upgrade path RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I've just purchased the 120 days evaluation version and I would like to know if it will be possible at the end of the 120 days to "convert" or upgrade to the retail version without having to reinstall the OS.

My concern is that I want to be sure that all datas copied to that server will be safe and will not require to be backed up to another machine when I will update to the retail version.
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:58 PM

Answers

•  mccdan wrote:
    Hello, I've just purchased the 120 days evaluation version and I would like to know if it will be possible at the end of the 120 days to "convert" or upgrade to the retail version without having to reinstall the OS.

My concern is that I want to be sure that all datas copied to that server will be safe and will not require to be backed up to another machine when I will update to the retail version.

There is no "upgrade".  You would need to do a Server Reinstallation (which will format the OS partition, but keep your data in tact).

Saturday, November 17, 2007 2:22 PM

All replies

•  mccdan wrote:
    Hello, I've just purchased the 120 days evaluation version and I would like to know if it will be possible at the end of the 120 days to "convert" or upgrade to the retail version without having to reinstall the OS.

There is no "upgrade".  You would need to do a Server Reinstallation (which will format the OS partition, but keep your data in tact).

Saturday, November 17, 2007 2:22 PM
  • It sounds good, thank you!
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:24 PM