70-461 without certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.

I am currently a university student with a great interest in SQL. As a result, I intend to take the Querying

qualification Microsoft SQL Server qualification (70-461). I believe passing this exam alone is not sufficient to get a certification, but I am not really interested in becoming a DBA later, I can see myself as an SQL developer instead. My question is, even though it does not give me a certification, is there still a way it can be placed on my CV so that the employer can track it down/check its validity? Do I get an ID or some sort of code after passing the exam, which can be used for others to look my results up online?

Thank you,

All the best,

Balint

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:44 PM

Answers

• You can list that you passed the exam on your CV and then also list the credentials for accessing your shared transcript at Microsoft Learning.  The transcript shows both the exams that you've passed and any certifications that you've earned.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

• Marked as answer by Balint6 Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:08 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:07 PM

All replies

• You can list that you passed the exam on your CV and then also list the credentials for accessing your shared transcript at Microsoft Learning.  The transcript shows both the exams that you've passed and any certifications that you've earned.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

• Marked as answer by Balint6 Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:08 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:07 PM
  • Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to know!

All the best, 

Balint

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:09 PM