none
Combine Unity and XAML in UWP App - modify Atmosphere example RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to develop an UWP App which combines Unity for 3D rendering and uses XAML for the UI.

I found the "Atmosphere"-example on https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2016/09/15/unity-interop-and-app-extensibility-app-dev-on-xbox-series which is exactly what I need, and I also managed to get it up and running on my machine.

Now I want to modify the example, and here comes the problem: 

I don’t know how the workflow between the Unity and the UWP part should be.

When I make modifications in the Unity Scrips (e.g. add a static function which should be called by the UWP part) and build the Unity .sln, I cannot access the function from the UWP part. It seems like the the UWP Project references an old version of Assembly-CSharp.dll. I tried to re-reference to the newly build files from the Unity project, but VS2017 states that referencing this files is not allowed without further explaination. 

Does anyone have experience in building UWP Apps which are basically a Unity-App with a XAML-Layer on top?
    Any tipps on how to set up a project for that?

Cheers, Silvana

• Moved by Breeze Liu Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:42 AM off topic
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hi  SilvanaBanana,

I suggest you can ask your question on unity forum.

Besides, you can see this video

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/scripting/taking-unity-games-universal-windows-platform 

and you need to first compile your unity app and output a UWP package then you can edit by insert UWP Apis.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:46 AM