none
The new Editor: Undo button and other functionalities RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

is there any plans to bring more functionality to the forums? few users complained about the Undo buttom that is missing.

אם תגובתי פתרה את בעייתך - לחץ/י, על "סמן כתשובה" ליד סימן ה V הירוק. מיקרוסופט מציעה שירות זה ללא תשלום, למטרת סיוע למשתמשים והעשרת הידע הקשור בטכנולוגיות ובמוצרים של Microsoft. תוכן זה מתפרסם כפי שהוא והוא אינו מעיד על כל אחריות מצד מיקרוסופט.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 4:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• We can certainly revisit putting additional features the editor enables. For now, we are keeping the feature set low and cleaning up what we currently are enabling. We want to get that as correct as we can first.

Community Forums Program Manager

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:40 PM
    Answerer
  • As a workaround (not the direct solution), Ctrl+Z works fine for me (and Ctrl+Y for Redo). Not sure if this is an IE or editor feature. Which browser do you use?

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:15 AM
    Owner
  • Hi, i'm working in IE and Ctrl + Z is working, but my concern is not me, its the users..

thanks.

אם תגובתי פתרה את בעייתך - לחץ/י, על "סמן כתשובה" ליד סימן ה V הירוק. מיקרוסופט מציעה שירות זה ללא תשלום, למטרת סיוע למשתמשים והעשרת הידע הקשור בטכנולוגיות ובמוצרים של Microsoft. תוכן זה מתפרסם כפי שהוא והוא אינו מעיד על כל אחריות מצד מיקרוסופט.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 11:59 AM
  • Yes, I've been missing the Undo button and hadn't realised that Ctrl+Z would work in that editor; I found this thread while preparing to complain about its absence.

Using IE 7 on Vista 64.

Answering policy: see profile.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:12 AM
  • Yes, I've been missing the Undo button and hadn't realised that Ctrl+Z would work in that editor;

Then it will probably help you to know that when you overshoot with your Ctrl-z  that  Ctrl-y  will work as "Redo".

BTW both keystrokes are older and more universal than the buttons.   So I don't miss them, e.g. not any more than I miss not having a button for Paste (Ctrl-v).   And I understand that this change could represent a desire to eliminate unnecessary function.   I wonder if they will realize that they could do the same thing with the type style change buttons, e.g. get rid of the Bold Italic and Underline buttons (so people would be forced to use  Ctrl-B  Ctrl-I  or  Ctrl-U  and even the Link button (to make them press Ctrl-K instead)?    <eg>

---

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:07 PM
  • Hi, i'm working in IE and Ctrl + Z is working, but my concern is not me, its the users..

thanks.

Understood. It would be interesting to find out how many people naturally try Ctrl+Z and how many rely on an Undo button.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, February 20, 2012 2:12 AM
    Owner