Adding to another pc RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install onecare to another pc and its not letting me do this? And now my computer is reading ( at risk (red) ) How can I fix this problem?

Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:40 PM

Answers

• Do you mean that you have installed on a second PC and that new install is reporting at risk and in red status?

When you open OneCare on that PC, there should be a banner that identifies the reason for the status and advises what you should do to get back to green.

Here is the information on adding another PC to an existing subscription:

Add a PC to your subscription or reinstall Windows Live OneCare
    Already a Windows Live OneCare subscriber? Learn how to reinstall Windows Live OneCare on the same computer, install it on a new computer, or form a Circle of Protection on up to three PCs here.

You can manage and monitor the status of the other PCs in your OneCare Circle of Protection from a hub computer, and take high-priority actions. You cannot perform low-priority actions, such as remotely installing Microsoft Windows updates, from a hub computer.

Because a hub computer must be connected to the Internet to remain up to date and to monitor the other computers in your OneCare Circle, it is recommended that you only make a computer a hub computer if it is frequently connected to the Internet.

To make a PC your hub computer, follow these steps:

1. Open OneCare.
    2. Click Manage Your OneCare Circle.
    3. Click Make this PC a hub PC.
    4. Enter the Windows Live ID that you used to install OneCare, and then click Sign in.

To perform a remote action from a hub computer, follow these steps:

1. Open OneCare.
    2. Click Your OneCare Circle.
    3. Examine the Actions to take notices for the computers that are listed as part of your OneCare Circle. Under the name of the PC that you want to perform an action on, in the Actions to take notice, click the appropriate button.

-steve

Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:04 PM