Dropbox or live mesh? RRS feed

• General discussion

• dropbox gives you 2GB for free it works with windows mac linux ipad iphone and a lot more use this link and get 250MB extra on top of the 2GB for free for a total of 2.25 GB

[deleted]

Saturday, July 10, 2010 5:01 AM

All replies

• I was going to delete your post, but chose instead to simply remove your referral link that was, in effect, spam.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, July 12, 2010 12:50 PM
  • Steve;

Actually a discussion of comparing the two products would be useful.

In my testing so far, MESH is much more elegant, reliable, and maintenance free. My major reservation is the dropping of support for XP and Win Mobile in the new product.

Dropbox has the advantage of supporting non-Windows machines. However there are bugs in the Windows support.

Robert Tankersley
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:23 PM
  • I agree that a discussion is not bad. :-) What I had a problem with was the the link posted was a referral link, meaning that anyone following it to install Dropbox was giving credit to the person posting. I supect that credit increased the storage allotment for the link owner.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:59 PM
  • Stephen;

Good point and a good catch.

Robert Tankersley
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:11 PM
  • I agree that a discussion is not bad. :-) What I had a problem with was the the link posted was a referral link, meaning that anyone following it to install Dropbox was giving credit to the person posting. I supect that credit increased the storage allotment for the link owner.

-steve

If the user clicks the referral link AND joins dropbox, then both the referrer and the referred persons get an addtional 250MB of free storage on their Dropbox account.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:59 AM