Office 2007 Pro validation fails RRS feed

• Question

• I want to install the pdf extension for my Office 2007 Pro, but get a validation error from the MS d/l website.  I know my Office 2007 Pro is valid, since I was given a serial number by Microsoft Canada as a reward for participating in one of their TechNet events recently. Here are the diagnostics:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-4XKMX-66QPT-6K72D
    Windows Product Key Hash: krRc7q1HOepN6Og2nV2o2xpMvGw=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2265733-56141
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 86884abc-26d8-42dc-9207-a3b89bab33c8
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.540.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>86884abc-26d8-42dc-9207-a3b89bab33c8</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-6K72D</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2265733-56141</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1220945662-1580436667-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Product Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>1103    </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20060320000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>E04D320F0184EE76</HWID><UserLCID>1009</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>39476F84C4B4004</Val><Hash>4iCnywwNW1w4s9ukTIwGMGxyGic=</Hash><Pid>54185-640-0000025-17060</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>897AFEECAC8FF0C</Val><Hash>9+OfDs2dp+s5RaBoSl3mKr9A4u0=</Hash><Pid>81605-902-5796492-65621</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 7:32 AM

Answers

• Joe,

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with MS OFfice 2007 and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install the Office 2007 is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder. As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and version of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of  Office 2007 is an unauthorized installation. As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please notify the location who provided the software and let them know what is happening. Let them know the copy of Office 2007 is a counterfeit copy and you received a blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK).    Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the 114 Blocked VLK statuses.  In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your software.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your situation.  Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm 
    OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:45 PM

All replies

• Joe,

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with MS OFfice 2007 and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install the Office 2007 is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder. As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and version of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of  Office 2007 is an unauthorized installation. As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please notify the location who provided the software and let them know what is happening. Let them know the copy of Office 2007 is a counterfeit copy and you received a blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK).    Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the 114 Blocked VLK statuses.  In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your software.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your situation.  Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm 
    OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:45 PM
  • Thanks for the analysis, Stephen, but as I stated at the top of my original message "I was given a serial number by Microsoft Canada as a reward for participating in one of their TechNet events recently."  Shouldn't a serial number given out by Microsoft be valid for installation of the pdf save option for Office Pro 2007?  Are you suggesting my best course of action is to contact Microsoft Canada and ask them for a non-blocked VLK?

Cheers,

Joe

Saturday, June 16, 2007 3:02 AM
  • Joe,

Yes please contact MS Canada and explain you have a blocked VLK.  You can see this on your DIAG results.  If you need further assistance pleas post again.  I am sorry for the inconvience but I am sure MS CAnada will get everything straightened out for you.

regards

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:38 PM