Multi partition restore to one disc RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, I have a system with one disc and 2 partitions on it.  I made a backup to the WHS and it seems to have stored the 2 partitions. But, when I go to restore, it will let me only choose one, and it restores to the entire disc.  I need to be able to restore them both?  Have not been able to find if this is or is not possible with WHS.

Dave
    Monday, November 3, 2008 3:59 PM

Answers

• You can restore both partitions. The disk you want to restore to should have at least the number of partitions you want to restore. Also you can only restore a to a partition which is similar or larger in size then the original partition. You can use the disk manager on the WHS restore disk to create the partitions prior to restoring.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 7:07 PM
  • I tried your suggestion and it worked like a champ!!!  Thanks!!

Dave
    • Marked as answer by h2ofun Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:55 PM
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:55 PM

All replies

• You can restore both partitions. The disk you want to restore to should have at least the number of partitions you want to restore. Also you can only restore a to a partition which is similar or larger in size then the original partition. You can use the disk manager on the WHS restore disk to create the partitions prior to restoring.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 7:07 PM
  • I will give this a try.  I have never thought about pre partition a disc before a restore.  Will let you know.

Thanks

Dave
    Monday, November 3, 2008 10:17 PM
  • I tried your suggestion and it worked like a champ!!!  Thanks!!

Dave
    • Marked as answer by h2ofun Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:55 PM
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:55 PM