none
Synchro hangs and never finish RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've 3 pairs between the same computer and the same NAS.

2 of them works fine, including with Windows scheduling, and the 3rd one hangs in the middle and never complete.

The 2 working synchro pretty small volume of data, opposed to the 3rd one that synchro a lot more, approx 80G.

Is there a limit or other known issue ? how to understand better what's going wrong ?

Thks

Fabien

Saturday, August 28, 2010 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm very glad that you choose SyncToy for Syncing. Also, you give a good question. Yes, there really has a top limit which is used to limit the folder pair you sync. I'm not sure the accurate value of this limit, but one thing we should keep in mind: The larger you need to sync in one folder pair, the slower it will be. If the size is near this limit, it will become so slow that we cannot bear for it is not linear law for this instance. So I would like to suggest you to divide large folder into small pieces before syncing, which would be batter than before.

Thanks,

Danish

Monday, August 30, 2010 10:04 AM
  • It's just taken 23 hours to synchronize 96.5Mb between a laptop and a network drive over a wireless network. I would have abandoned it earlier, but Windows Task Manager showed the program was running.

I have read in other forums that the first synch can take ages, but subsequent ones are quick. Well, we'll see.

Thursday, September 2, 2010 11:06 AM
  • Just goes to show what a nonsensical approach has been made to this.

It's frequently absolutely vital to preserve the folder structure.

Thursday, September 2, 2010 11:08 AM
  • 23 hours seems too long for only 96.5MB. I'm afraid wireless network depends more on network conditions.
    Friday, September 10, 2010 7:50 AM