Progress state of service (HPC R2) RRS feed

• Question

• How can I get progress state of each task on each computing node of a SOA session? For example after compliting every 5-10% of task comp node should "tell" client about it, or by demand if client "asks" tasks on each node should "tell" about there progresses.

heard in WCF WSDualHttpBinding can pass massage back from service to client before service will finish its calculation (for example when some event occurs)

Can I use it while developing HPC R2 SOA service?

Friday, August 5, 2011 3:13 PM

All replies

• Dual http binding is not supported by SOA feature. If you want update general progress, you can use the progress field of the job to update user/client app about job progress. If you need more detailed information, task log output might be a good place.

How frequently do you need to update the progress? Do you need to update during the process of a message? If not, request processing progress are updated automatically to the job.

Monday, August 8, 2011 7:12 AM
  • Not frequently. Once during the session's work, but I'd like to know about progress of every task in a job at that time, when one of them has sent callback (has finished a long calculation). So I'd like to measure the capacities of each comp node and distribute the amount of next part of calculation in proportion to this capacities (do some loadbalancing).
    Monday, August 8, 2011 10:30 AM
  • Normally we'd recommend letting broker node to do the load balancing. Or are you talking about load balancing across different job/sessions?
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:15 AM