HDD Storage question... RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone know what happens if you remove a harddrive from the server?  I have an external HDD and was wondering what would happen if it was dissconnected.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 1:44 PM

Answers

• Are you asking how to do it properly or what bad might/would happen if you did it improperly?

Monday, March 19, 2007 2:16 PM
  • Click on the drive you want to remove, select remove, follow the instructions and wailt until the process is completed. You will be notified that it is now safe to remove the drive.

Rufus Roper

Monday, March 19, 2007 2:29 PM
  • I'm an idiot...I found my answer as I perused the document that was downloaded.  Just goes to show you that you should always read the manual prior to opening your mouth on a forum.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 8:07 PM

All replies

• Are you asking how to do it properly or what bad might/would happen if you did it improperly?

Monday, March 19, 2007 2:16 PM
  • Click on the drive you want to remove, select remove, follow the instructions and wailt until the process is completed. You will be notified that it is now safe to remove the drive.

Rufus Roper

Monday, March 19, 2007 2:29 PM
  • I'm an idiot...I found my answer as I perused the document that was downloaded.  Just goes to show you that you should always read the manual prior to opening your mouth on a forum.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 8:07 PM