sub grid for many to many relationship RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I use ms crm 2016, i try to show sub grid in the form for many to many relationship but I can not found any way for do that.

please advise.

thanks.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:51 AM

Answers

• Check display option of N:N relationship. it should not be "Do not display".

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Santosh Bhagat Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by pntr Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:06 AM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:55 AM

All replies

• I think you have run into a limitation that cannot be overcome.  

One thing to consider is to use a N:N 'join entity' instead of the built in N:N relationship.

Basically create a custom entity with a N:1 lookup to each of the entities you are trying to join.

Example:

New Custom Entity: AccountContact

Field1 - Lookup N:1 to Account

Field2 - Lookup N:1 to Contact

Then on either Account or Contact, you can use a sub-grid to show the other through the new custom entity.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:46 PM
  • Check display option of N:N relationship. it should not be "Do not display".

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Santosh Bhagat Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by pntr Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:06 AM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:55 AM