After closing remember where you were... RRS feed

• General discussion

• It is frustrating when I close WLW and open it again and it doesn't remember what directory I was in the last time I added a photo. I always add from the same directory but WLW seems to default to the photos directory in the My Documents folder. I would like it to remember that I steered it towards the My Documents/BG/images folder instead. Sort of like just about any windows program I can remember. When I save a photo Explorer remembers where I last chose to save it and opens that directory up as the default for all successive save attempts. WLW does not.
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:52 AM

All replies

• Thank you for the feedback.  I will file a bug for this issue.

-Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:34 PM
  • Just to be clear--we do remember the path until you exit the Writer process. Hopefully that is the behavior you're seeing?

What you can do as a workaround is to put a shortcut to My Documents/BG/images in your My Pictures folder, so at least it's only a double-click away instead of having to navigate around.
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:37 PM
  • Thanks for the tip, Joe, and yes, Brandon, it is remember until exit. Would be nice if it saved that info for the next time it is opened though.
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:35 AM