QuestionAnswer error in a Custom Activity RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am trying to build custom activities to house common tasks in a reusable form.  Im my experiment to determine how these things work I built a login activity that has a number of activities, three of which are QuestionAnswer Activities.  All of the QAs have the error "The QuestionAnswer Activity 'XXXXX' must either be a child activity of a SpeechSequenceAvtivity or else it must itself have no Parent Activity".

Two of the QAs are in Sequence Activities and one is in an ifElseBranchActivity within the Custom Activity.

Does anyone know what I have done that causes this?

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 1:45 PM

Answers

• You say that the QA's are in Sequence Activities. They should be in SpeechSequenceActivity. Also if you use the Voice Response Activity Library project template to create the custom activity, it should provide the right base files.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 5:25 PM

All replies

• You say that the QA's are in Sequence Activities. They should be in SpeechSequenceActivity. Also if you use the Voice Response Activity Library project template to create the custom activity, it should provide the right base files.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 5:25 PM
  • You are absolutely right, I had accidently select Sequential Activity instead of a Speech Sequence Activity. Stupid of me!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:36 PM
  • I replaced the sequence activity with a speech sequence (I don't know why I didn't notice that) but I still have the same errors.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 9:35 PM