Unmanaged solution import fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to import a solution from one organization to other(both test environments). It is failing without any errors. I downloaded the log file, and all I see in the log spreadsheet is a big list of all  entities, messages, system views, workflows etc with 'Processed' and 'UnProcessed' status. I don't see any errors though. What are Processed and Unprocessed statuses?

UnProcessed items are Dashboard, Security Role, Workflow, Workflow Activation, Connection Role, Plugin Assemby, SDK Message Processing step.

What does this mean and how should I proceed further?

Thanks

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When an import fails it will give you the option to download a log file, if you open it in Excel the second tab will show the error status against individual components.

The processed one are which had no issues during import. When there is any error with any component, then all the componenets after that shows up as unprocessed. You should be able to find the error next to the component because of which the import failed.

Check for the component with "Failed" status. Besides the status, you will also see the error message and error code. If you could find that error and paste it here, it would be easy for us to solve your issue.

Common reasons can be:-

Addition field in the target environment

Data Type Change of any attribute etc..

Else the last option would be to enable trace. In the trace logs you will definately find the error.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks,

Prasad

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:44 AM
  • Thanks for the response Prasad.

But I am not seeing any error code or error text for all the unprocessed statuses! There are many unprocessed components without any errors.

thanks

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:15 PM
  • Hi,

If you not finding any errors. You can enable tracing which will help you to know what is causing the issue.

Find below the link for the tool:-

https://crmdiagtool2011.codeplex.com/

This tool becomes quite useful in scenarios where you are unable to figure out the error.

Enable trace --> Start your import ---> After it is done, Stop the trace --> Check the logs( Search for Errors).

Thanks,

Prasad

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:25 AM