none
Lost Recognition Points RRS feed

• Question

• Someone created a new Profile for me, but did not transfer my recognition points.  Any chance of getting them back?

Formerly
    =Steve D=
    now
    SMD!

Monday, June 23, 2008 3:10 PM

Answers

• You can check how many points you have by going to the user directory (click the "Browse Users" upper nav box/element). Look  yourself up using the Find User by Name box.  The user lists contain contribution totals, including your point totals.  Hope this helps. By the way, we are looking into ways to make the totals more discoverable, if you have any suggestions on how best to surface this you can post it in the suggestions and feedback forum.

Thanks!
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by SMD- Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:58 PM
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:23 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Recogition points are tied to your posts. As more forums are migrated, you should see your point total increase.
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Monday, June 23, 2008 5:20 PM
  • How can I see my current point total?

It was showing 3 medals last week before the name change.  Now it's dropped to just one.
    • Edited by SMD- Monday, June 23, 2008 5:46 PM Minor mod
    Monday, June 23, 2008 5:44 PM
  • See the Known Issue Announcement in this forum regarding Lost Recognition Points.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:43 AM
  • OK, I'll keep an eye on that to see when the problem is solved.  In the mean time, how do I check my current point total?
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:43 AM
  • You can check how many points you have by going to the user directory (click the "Browse Users" upper nav box/element). Look  yourself up using the Find User by Name box.  The user lists contain contribution totals, including your point totals.  Hope this helps. By the way, we are looking into ways to make the totals more discoverable, if you have any suggestions on how best to surface this you can post it in the suggestions and feedback forum.

Thanks!
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by SMD- Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:58 PM
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:23 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks, Brent.  I'll have to keep these instructions handy.  It is rather difficult to find the contribution totals.  I, rather, expected to find them on the "User Profile" page.  I believe they were there under the old system.

This way I can watch to see when the points have been restored.  Any idea when the correction will be going in?
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:07 PM