Can't install Project 2016 STD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an issue trying to install Project 2016 STD on a Windows 10 computer.

I have tried to run the 64bit version setup and the 32bit version but I get this prompt:

We can't install the 64-bit version of Office because we found the following 32-bit programs on your PC: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016
    Please uninstall all 32-bit Office programs, then retry installing 64-bit Office. If you want to install 32-bit Office instead, please run the 32-bit setup

I do not want to uninstall Office Professional Plus 2016 

• Moved by Dave PatrickMVP Friday, August 21, 2020 2:40 PM looking for forum
    Friday, August 21, 2020 11:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'd try asking for help over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_project

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/home?category=project

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 21, 2020 12:51 PM
  • Open office application (word,excel,outlook etc) , Click on File > Office Account . Under the Product Information section, if you see an Update Options choice, Office was installed by using Click-to-Run. If you don’t see an Update Options choice, and you don’t see any mention of Microsoft Store, then Office was installed by using Windows Installer (MSI).

if you are trying to install same version of MSI on computer that already have C2R version then you hit with the following error (though it was for C2R with 15 version):

Error when trying to install Click-to-Run over MSI install

With the introduction of C2R ,MSI and its versions ,how do you deploy visio/project 2016 on computer that has office 365 proplus (C2R) installed and also get it activated using KMS/MAK volume license?

If you want to deploy volume licensed versions of Project 2016 and Visio 2016 on the same computer as Office 365 ProPlus, you can use the Office Deployment Tool .
    Friday, August 21, 2020 2:38 PM