Which Drive has the error RRS feed

• Question

• I have bad blocks on \Device\Harddisk2 which I would now like to replace. How do I know which physical disk is \Device\Harddisk2 (this is a home grown server)

Cheers

Alan

Friday, November 14, 2008 3:30 PM

Answers

• Alan,
    There is no direct method of identifying a particular drive, however the Disk Management Add-In has extra details including serial numbers etc., which will help you identify which drive is which.
    Alternatively, you can just pull the what you think is the correct drive - after using the Console to remove the drive - and if you get no errors, then you have the correct one. If you get an error, then replace that drive, and pull another one.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    • Proposed as answer by Lara JonesModerator Friday, November 14, 2008 9:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alan_R Friday, November 14, 2008 10:12 PM
    Friday, November 14, 2008 5:36 PM

All replies

• Alan,
    There is no direct method of identifying a particular drive, however the Disk Management Add-In has extra details including serial numbers etc., which will help you identify which drive is which.
    Alternatively, you can just pull the what you think is the correct drive - after using the Console to remove the drive - and if you get no errors, then you have the correct one. If you get an error, then replace that drive, and pull another one.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    • Proposed as answer by Lara JonesModerator Friday, November 14, 2008 9:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alan_R Friday, November 14, 2008 10:12 PM
    Friday, November 14, 2008 5:36 PM
  • Thanks Colin.  The add-in looks neat so I will have a play with that and then just start pulling :)
    Friday, November 14, 2008 10:11 PM