Money Plus stopworking after windows update in November. RRS feed

• Question

• has Microsoft come up with the solution or are they even know this issue effecting many users?

is there a patch available to quickly fix this issue? Please help

Saturday, December 8, 2018 6:48 PM

All replies

• More detail please.  What version of Money?  What version of windows?  Which update?  What error message do you receive?

FWIW, Money Plus Sunset is running just fine on my Windows 10 system, version 1803 with all current updates.

Bill Becker

Sunday, December 9, 2018 4:30 AM
  • has Microsoft come up with the solution or are they even know this issue effecting many users?

is there a patch available to quickly fix this issue? Please help

What causes you to think that somebody else is having the same problem that you are?
    Sunday, December 9, 2018 4:08 PM
  • Money Plus Sunset ALWAYS stalls and won't open after a windows update--just did it again yesterday :( . I double checked and am running Windows 10 version 1803. Before I could paste the mnyob99.dll to make it work, now it won't let me (makes me reinstall if I try, which doesn't work). HELP???
    Friday, December 14, 2018 7:38 PM
  • Here's what I can understand from your question and some questions of mine about what is happening:

- Money Plus Sunset is working fine.  You have done the mnyob99.dll as describe in the first sticky post in this forum.

- You do the "Patch Tuesday" security update.

- Money refuses to open - error message?  It just doesn't respond?  Error message?

- You try to do the mnyob99.dll replacement again.  Why?  Isn't the file already replaced?

- Windows "won't let you" do the mnyob99.dll replacement.  What does "won't let you" mean?  Error message?

- Windows "make me reinstall".  Again, what error message?

- After the reinstall, did you then do the mnyob99.dll replacement?  You have to do it after any reinstall because the reinstall will overwrite the patched mnyob99.dll.

Bill Becker

Friday, December 14, 2018 8:54 PM
  •   - After the reinstall, did you then do the mnyob99.dll replacement?  You have to do it after any reinstall because the reinstall will overwrite the patched mnyob99.dll.

... and write the patched mnyob99.dll while Money is not open.
    Saturday, December 15, 2018 8:18 PM
  • I have the same issue.  MS Money 2000 was working fine on 18th December but I now get an error even with backup copies so it looks like the Microsoft update has affected it. I am running Windows 10 with all updates.  Error message "xxxxx is corrupted or is not a Money data file. Make sure you are opening a file with a MNY extension.........etc"

I am not aware of the DLL as I have never had this issue before. How can I get hold of that so I can try it?

Thanks

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 11:40 AM
  • I have the same issue.  MS Money 2000 was working fine on 18th December but I now get an error even with backup copies so it looks like the Microsoft update has affected it. I am running Windows 10 with all updates.  Error message "xxxxx is corrupted or is not a Money data file. Make sure you are opening a file with a MNY extension.........etc"

I am not aware of the DLL as I have never had this issue before. How can I get hold of that so I can try it?

Thanks

The patched dll discussed is not for Money 2000.

Copy your saved *.mbf files to other media, in case some disk problem or other problem develops. When you do try to restore a backup, I suggest that you Browse to your Documents folder, and choose a new name, so as to not overwrite your *.mny file. If not too late on that one, you may be able to fix your *.mny file with salv.exe.

I would check that you can open sample.mny. If you can not, I would reinstall Money.

I doubt that you have "the same issue". You have a different symptom. Different version of Money. Different timing.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 12:30 PM