Create Outlook Calendar Entries through CRM Dynamics Workflows RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to have CRM Dynamics create calendar entries in Outlook?  We don't use CRM for Outlook.  For email functionality we use the email router since it doesn't require users to be online for emails to be sent.  I have workflows that send out emails notifying certain people when new Opportunities are create that pertain to their group.  One of the fields it includes is the project deadline.  They would like it if it could also set a calendar reminder for the project deadline as a back up reminder. 

Is this possible to do without using CRM for Outlook?

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you won't get this information in outlook, if you are not using crm for outlook client.

Mahain : Check My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:26 PM
  • Is it possible for CRM to dynamically create a link to add a calendar reminder within the email it sends?  I've had vendors send me emails that say "Click here to add to your outlook calendar."  Could CRM make a link like this using a date from the entity?  I know this isn't much quicker than going into your calendar and manually creating the reminder, but it would still be more convenient. 
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:38 PM
  • Dynamics CRM does not provide this functionality.

Mahain : Check My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:46 PM