none
Please suggest me a MCA level project to undertake in my college (inhouse project) RRS feed

• Question

• guys, please suggest me a project that i can undertake for my inhouse project in my college at MCA level.

Please give our your ideas, i have to submit the project definition tomorrow ;(
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:22 AM

Answers

• If you know how to setup Exchange Server then you can go that project because setting an Exchange server is relly a great task and is indeed a MCA level project.

You can also take up the project on VLAN. VLAN is also one of the most challenging fields of networking.

If you like my post mark it as the answer.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:44 AM
  • hey m8,  first of all thank you m8 for your suggestion.

if you have any more detail about the exchange server, like what actually to do in the project concerning to the exchange server ? and also what to do in a VLAN project, if you have any idea, please let me know dude.
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 12:21 PM
  • Hey ShadowMan,

you can create a project on PBX or VoIP. Even you can use COM Port to create a nice application.

The other option is to use APIs to control remote machines.  With the help of APIs, you can remotely control a computer totally. Go for it. If you design it, that will be the best.

I've created project on Siemens PBX and it helped me to fetch a lot of marks.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 12:55 PM
  • Hey sanket, thanks for such a nice reply.
    Btw, i have already done remotely controlling the pc's at my BCA level. I Need something much bigger and more interesting :)

THe COM port thingy you suggested is really nice :) but i dont know what is PBX :( if you can please explain me more it will be really helpful. Also can you send me the projcet abstract of the siemens PBX that you made, which fetched you lot of marks , may be i can try to do a similar one and get marks for me too :P
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 1:21 PM
  • Hey ShadowMan,

It's really nice to read that you showed interest in the project.

PBX stands for Private Branch Exchange and is used in companies for making and receiving external and internal calls. It's like owing a private exchange for the company. Big companies need solutions for knowing how much they are spending on external calls. For this, you can create a software.

Every PBX dumps its data on computer through an interface, which is generally COM Port on computer side. You can use this data for preparing billls. If you still need more details, catch me on gmail at sanket[dot]1985[at]gmail[dot]com

Monday, February 26, 2007 4:28 AM
  • Thanks a lot m8.

Guys keep on suggesting new kinds of projects :) it may be useful for others also;....
    Monday, February 26, 2007 12:13 PM

All replies

• If you know how to setup Exchange Server then you can go that project because setting an Exchange server is relly a great task and is indeed a MCA level project.

You can also take up the project on VLAN. VLAN is also one of the most challenging fields of networking.

If you like my post mark it as the answer.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:44 AM
  • hey m8,  first of all thank you m8 for your suggestion.

if you have any more detail about the exchange server, like what actually to do in the project concerning to the exchange server ? and also what to do in a VLAN project, if you have any idea, please let me know dude.
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 12:21 PM
  • Hey ShadowMan,

you can create a project on PBX or VoIP. Even you can use COM Port to create a nice application.

The other option is to use APIs to control remote machines.  With the help of APIs, you can remotely control a computer totally. Go for it. If you design it, that will be the best.

I've created project on Siemens PBX and it helped me to fetch a lot of marks.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 12:55 PM
  • Hey sanket, thanks for such a nice reply.
    Btw, i have already done remotely controlling the pc's at my BCA level. I Need something much bigger and more interesting :)

THe COM port thingy you suggested is really nice :) but i dont know what is PBX :( if you can please explain me more it will be really helpful. Also can you send me the projcet abstract of the siemens PBX that you made, which fetched you lot of marks , may be i can try to do a similar one and get marks for me too :P
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 1:21 PM
  • Hey ShadowMan,

It's really nice to read that you showed interest in the project.

PBX stands for Private Branch Exchange and is used in companies for making and receiving external and internal calls. It's like owing a private exchange for the company. Big companies need solutions for knowing how much they are spending on external calls. For this, you can create a software.

Every PBX dumps its data on computer through an interface, which is generally COM Port on computer side. You can use this data for preparing billls. If you still need more details, catch me on gmail at sanket[dot]1985[at]gmail[dot]com

Monday, February 26, 2007 4:28 AM
  • Thanks a lot m8.

Guys keep on suggesting new kinds of projects :) it may be useful for others also;....
    Monday, February 26, 2007 12:13 PM
  • u can go mobile application in .net or j2ee
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:48 AM
  • thanks m8, good concept too :) but if you give a more precise definition it would be really good.
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 1:35 PM