Windows Home Server compatible with a HP ML150 G2 Server? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is it possible to install Windows Home Server on a HP ML150 G2 Server? Because I am buying 2 HP Ml150 G2 servers Tomorrow and I have to know sure!

Thank You!

Sunday, August 24, 2008 10:57 PM

Answers

• Since there are Windows Server 2003 drivers available, it should function generally.

I see following problems:

• If the boot disk is smaller than 65 (?) Gigabyte, Windows Home Server will reject to install. Since RAID is not a supported scenario with Windows Home Server and this model is an older one with a bunch of smaller SCSI disks usually you may face issues.
    • This server is also made for a server room scenario, meaning it may be a bit noisy.
    • And low power consumption also looks different.

Best greetings from Germany

Olaf

Monday, August 25, 2008 6:49 AM

All replies

• It's likely that Windows Home Server can be installed. However, you may find it quite a challenge to do so. You should try to simplify those servers as much as possible; if you can, configure your drive controllers so no drivers are required, turn off RAID, etc.
    Monday, August 25, 2008 1:09 AM
  • Since there are Windows Server 2003 drivers available, it should function generally.

I see following problems:

• If the boot disk is smaller than 65 (?) Gigabyte, Windows Home Server will reject to install. Since RAID is not a supported scenario with Windows Home Server and this model is an older one with a bunch of smaller SCSI disks usually you may face issues.
    • This server is also made for a server room scenario, meaning it may be a bit noisy.
    • And low power consumption also looks different.

Best greetings from Germany

Olaf

Monday, August 25, 2008 6:49 AM
  • Thank You Olaf for your anwser! I will buy them, but just check if it is possible!

Monday, August 25, 2008 10:12 AM