application ribbons in crm 2011 outlook client RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed crm outlook client for my dynamics 2011 organization, but I can't see the application ribbon I've customized;

I've added 2 tabs to the application ribbon, and, in web client, I'm able to see them fine when standing on my work => dashboards.

but in the outlook client, when i navigate to my work => dashboards, I can only see the default 'Dashboards' tab.

The other custom tabs and buttons I've added for specific entities are displayed well in outlook.

any idea how to fix this?

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check the security roles and privileges for that dash boards.

If you find this helpful to you,please vote for my answer. thank you vasubabuk

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

My question was regarding ribbons, not dashboards. How are security roles for specific dashboards relevant?

Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

Only the dashboard tab will be shown in outlook, and no entity subgrid tabs. This is expected behaviour. You will need to add your buttons to the application dashboard tab.

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:35 AM
    Answerer
  • Sorry, I'm not following- I've added tabs to the application ribbon, not entity subgrids. Are you saying that no tab except for the dashboard tab appears in outlook when I click on dashboards?

What about when I click on 'My Work', or 'Workplace', or the organization's name?

Does that mean that any customization I make to the application ribbons are never seen in the outlook client?

Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Only the dashboard tab is shown in the Outlook client for Dashboards - so you'll need to add your buttons to that to make them show in both the outlook and web client.

The point I was making about entities was that if you select a list view, the ribbon also doesn't show the tabs for that entity like it does in the web client.

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:27 PM
    Answerer