CRM4 RC0 access beyond server with something other than localhost RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have MSCRM 4.0 RC0 installed, using port 5555.  I can open and appear to effectively use MSCRM using localhost (http//:localhost:5555/orgname). But strangely can not access it from another pc on the internal netowrk, or even with a browser directly on the server itself, using the server's internal ip address (192.168.2.12) or the server's name (srv1).  There is a DNS entry for srv1.

I can access the default website on port 8080 from another computer on the internal network.  I can also access this server using port 8080 accross the internet (router has 8080 port as well as port 5555 open).  So it appears to be specific to MSCRM being accessed beyond the server with something else than localhost.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:47 AM

Answers

• Is this the demo VPC from Microsoft, or one you've built yourself ? If it's the former, there may be some restrictions to stop this; I've not check yet.

What happens when you try connecting by ip address ? Any error messages ?

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:17 PM

All replies

• Is this the demo VPC from Microsoft, or one you've built yourself ? If it's the former, there may be some restrictions to stop this; I've not check yet.

What happens when you try connecting by ip address ? Any error messages ?

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:17 PM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for your assistance.  This is not a virtual pc install but instead is MSCRM 4.0 RC0 installed directly on a Windows 2003 server (test environment).  I can run MSCRM without issue using localhost as part of the URL (along with the port defined at 5555).  I can not access MSCRM using the server's ip address or server name as part of the URL.  No error message beyond the browser saying the IE cannot display the web page.

I do have the default website defined at port 8080 (but port 80 works the same) on the same server that works as anticipated.  I can access the default website using the ip address, the server name, and access from another computer using the same.  It appears to be unique to MSCRM.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:58 PM
  • Hello,

I installed CRM4.0, RC0 on a windows 2003 server too and have exactelly the same problem.

We already tried to use a host header (the dns knew the hh for this server) or set the IP of the website from 'all unasigned' to fixed (192.168.15.117) without any result.

I also did the installation of CRM4 over again but still have the same issue. Installation of CRM4 on another 2003 server gave the same problem too.

Any more ideas? Thx for your help!

Cheers,

Peter

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:34 AM