Form in CRM 2013: Switching forms and classic forms RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have recently installed CRM 2013 RC1 and I have a question concerning the forms.

1. I no longer can find the button to manually switch between form types.

2. I can't switch forms to the classic layout. I even tried importing a custom classic form from a CRM 2011 solution. But when trying this form in CRM 2013 it always show up using the new Metro layout. Has the support for classic forms been completely removed in CRM 2013 RC1?

Thanks in advance for the support.

Regards,

P.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:37 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

As per my understanding you want  the switching option for different forms for same entity.

HTH!

Thanks!

If this post helps you, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by pmdci Tuesday, October 1, 2013 12:07 PM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:20 AM
  • Switching capability is still there. If you have more that 1 Active forms associated with entity than you will find a form selector on top left.

In Orion there is a concept of Form State where forms can be in Active\Inactive state. Only forms in Active state will show there. Please note that user can manually activate\deactivate them through Forms Grid in Customization  > Entity > Forms.

Scenario around Role Bases forms is supported in similar manner. There is no change there.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

CRM 2013 Microsoft will only offer the new UI, the classic form interface will no longer be available.

Please refer below forum for more info.

http://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/111644.aspx#.UkqoSiS3QdU

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:52 AM
  • Thanks for the clarification.

And what about manually switching between different forms?

Regards,

P.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:54 AM
  • Hi,

With CRM 2013, you cannot switch between manually either. The classic forms are not available with 2013.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:03 AM
  • Hi Minal,

Umm... Are you 100% sure of that? If so, that is a major setback.

Suppose I have 2 forms for the account entity. The idea is that I will have some code to switch automatically between those two forms.

However, I need to switch between those forms during development for testing purposes. How can I do that?

Moreover, it might be that I want to provide a special form for specific user roles (say, a manager) and instead of switching manually, I would like to give the manager the ability to change manually switch the forms -- the decision on which form to use should be ad-hoc.

Sounds to me like someone in the product team didn't though this one through ;)

Regards,
    P.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:09 AM
  • Hi ,

As per my understanding you want  the switching option for different forms for same entity.

HTH!

Thanks!

If this post helps you, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:20 AM
  • Switching capability is still there. If you have more that 1 Active forms associated with entity than you will find a form selector on top left.

In Orion there is a concept of Form State where forms can be in Active\Inactive state. Only forms in Active state will show there. Please note that user can manually activate\deactivate them through Forms Grid in Customization  > Entity > Forms.

Scenario around Role Bases forms is supported in similar manner. There is no change there.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:25 AM
  • Thanks everybody for helping me with this issue.

Thing is, I have created a new custom form for the Competitor entity -- and the form is active.

However I can't find the option to switch forms anywhere...

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:33 AM
  • Please check on the roles assigned to this form.

1. Navigate to Setting > Customize the System > Competitor > Forms

2. Select form and click Enable Security Roles

And also please ensure that you have published  all these customizations.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 12:00 PM
  • Hi,

You can switch forms for competitor entity as well.

Have you published the customizations?

HTH!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 12:01 PM
  • This is very weird...

I published the customisation after I imported the solution (the form comes from a CRM 2011 solution import test). I couldn't see the form at

However I deactivated and reactivated it, then I clicked on publish from the context of the Competitor entity. Now I can see it! :)

Bug???

Thanks everyone.

Cheers,
    P.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 12:10 PM