none
MCTS Exam queries RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have just read on the Microsoft site that you need 1 or 3 exams to be MCTS

My questions are:

1. When they say 1, does it mean an exam of my choice?

2. Or I need at least 3 exam of my choice to have MCTS? if not what are the 3 exams that comes together that i would need to take?

3. If let say the answer to Q1 is YES When i pass that 1 exam, does it mean that i am MCTS certified already on that field of my choice?

4. Are the fees charged per exam?

Appreciate your answers.

Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:10 PM

Answers

• MCTS exams are usually refer to a single exam. I have read that as well in the past but have never seen or know about a MCTS certification that requires the passing of more than 1 exam. MCITP and MCPD certification designations require passing 2 or more individual MCTS exams. There is a list of all the exams on the microsoft web site and it gives what is needed to pass each and which exams you need to get the mcitp certifications. The exams are presently 150.00 US. The exam cost increased from 125.00 as of July 1, 2011. Use this link to see the exams and requirements:  http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/view-by-technology.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Rich Prescott Saturday, August 20, 2011 9:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by itexplorer Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:13 AM
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 8:53 PM

All replies

• MCTS exams are usually refer to a single exam. I have read that as well in the past but have never seen or know about a MCTS certification that requires the passing of more than 1 exam. MCITP and MCPD certification designations require passing 2 or more individual MCTS exams. There is a list of all the exams on the microsoft web site and it gives what is needed to pass each and which exams you need to get the mcitp certifications. The exams are presently 150.00 US. The exam cost increased from 125.00 as of July 1, 2011. Use this link to see the exams and requirements:  http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/view-by-technology.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Rich Prescott Saturday, August 20, 2011 9:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by itexplorer Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:13 AM
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 8:53 PM
  • Thanks so much JOKAS1 appreciate that and will check the link you posted.
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:13 AM