none
Does SQL Enterprise License is required to run SAP->SQL SSIS Package via DTEXEC or SQL Server Agent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have create data integration package to extract data from SAP BI Open Hub to SQL Database which it working fine when I execute it directly in Microsoft Visual Studio.    

However, When I try to run it via DTEXEC command or SQL Server Agent it show error as below

Source : Data Flow Task SSIS.Pipeline

Description: The SAP BW Source cannot run on the installed edition of Integration Service.  It requires SQL Enterprise Edition or higher.

So, I didn't sure that it really need a license ? due to it can be run directly via MS Visual Studio.      If anyone have experience on this, Please let me know.

Million thanks.

Regards,

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 10:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Xiiaiix,

Based on your description, it seems that your issue is more related SAP, I would suggest that you could post your issue on SAP forum for suitable support.

https://www.sap.com/community/topic/bi-platform.html

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Xiiaiix Tuesday, June 6, 2017 4:19 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Xiiaiix Tuesday, June 6, 2017 4:19 AM
    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 9:39 AM
  • Dear Cole Wu,

Thank you for your suggestion. The reason I asking question here is because it error message was asking for SQL Enterprise Edition when I run the package via SQL Server Agent or DTexec command.  But I will also asking the question on SAP community as well.  

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:50 AM