How to download (and pay for) a functional beta? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I received an email telling me about a discount offer to subscibe to the LOCB 2.0, however the link takes me to the windows live mainpage and there are no options to either pay for or download the fully released Windows Live Onecare. My trial version has expired and is no longer updating or functioning. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but functionality is never restored. I don't mind paying for the latest version but all links are deadends. Please advise.
    Saturday, November 24, 2007 5:04 AM

Answers

All replies

•  Lonewolph wrote:

I received an email telling me about a discount offer to subscibe to the LOCB 2.0, however the link takes me to the windows live mainpage and there are no options to either pay for or download the fully released Windows Live Onecare. My trial version has expired and is no longer updating or functioning. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but functionality is never restored. I don't mind paying for the latest version but all links are deadends. Please advise.

Beta 2.0 program has ended they'll be another round in few months for 2.5 or 3.0 which ever happens.

You can get 2.0 by just going here you get the trial and activate it with a windows live ID if you don't have credit card you can go to any store and buy one care there and use the key to subscribe to 2.0

The servers the disc access will install 2.0 reguardless of the version on the store bought disc.

Sunday, November 25, 2007 4:14 AM
  • The link for the beta offer should take you to a page to sign in, provide payment information and download a special installer for the initial install. Subsequent installs are via the http://onecare.live.com download link for the trial to be activated with the same LiveID. If you are not reaching the page to sign in, contact support for help - 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:49 AM