Reporting based on weighted product unit sales RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I was just wondering what the best way of generating reports based on weighted product unit sales? I know that reports can be build based on weighted revenue, but I'm keen to be able to report on product units as well. For instance, if I have three opportunities:

• Opportunity 1: Has a probability of 25% for 100 units of Product A, closing Month 1
    • Opportunity 2: Has a probability of 50% for 100 units of Product A, closing Month 2
    • Opportunity 3: Has a probability of 50% for 100 units of Product B, closing Month 3

Ideally, a quarterly report would show that I have sales of 75 units for Product A ((25%*100)+(50%*100)) and sales of 50 units for Product B (50%*100). I could then drill down the quarter and look at the Monthly sales breakdown.

Not sure if this can be done by using the default fields and some clever Report building, or whether I'd need to create a custom field for each product sale that had an auto-calculated field (OpportunityProbability * Quantity)?

Does that make sense? Any pointers would be massively appreciated! :)

• Edited by StanYau Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:37 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:36 PM