none
Reloading pages in edge extension RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I couldn't see an Edge development forum in the list. 

I want to learn some more about edge extensions so I'm trying to write a basic Hello World extension. I though I would convert some handy javascripts that I have in to extensions so that I can see how they differ and do a bit of learning. 

However I'm stumped. My very first "how does this work then" extension was just a basic few lines to reload the current page really to test the loading of an Extension and creating the menu. I never thought the javascript would be the issue. It works in javascript in my PHP, but in Edge it doesn't seem to work, no matter what I do. The extension loads, all that was fine. The context menu appears but when I click the entry nothing happens. 

Here's my script.js file from my extension. 

browser.contextMenus.create({
        id: "HelloWorld",
        title: "HelloWorld",
    	contexts: ['page']
    });

browser.contextMenus.onClicked.addListener(function(info, tab) {
        if (info.menuItemId == "HelloWorld") {

location.reload(true);

}
    });

When I click on the context menu the debug console says this;

HTML1300: Navigation occurred.
    _generated_background_page.html
    Current window: HelloWorld_427AE4A3953D462E89096B1EE55ED104/_generated_background_page.html

My guess is that my extension is handily refreshing the background page that the extension runs in rather than the current tab and that I have to get the object reference of the current and reload that. Perhaps an Edge quirk?

Does anyone know why something as simple as a page reload wouldn't work in Edge?

Olly

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, May 1, 2017 3:12 PM Redirecting user
    Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:23 PM

Answers

All replies