HP Pavilion DV5 Vista is not Genuine anymore :( RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there ....

My computer just freezed and i restart it and i got a pop up message said i need to activate my copy of windows VISTA i tried to activate but there was an error and it said i have to contact HP support after that i had a black desktop and to the right "this copy of windows is not genuine", the validate thing at microsoft web site did't work for me it said an error occurred while validating revaldiate and it keeps going the same errors.
    So please is there any soloution for this problem ? or i have to use my recovery disk and loooooose everything ? :(

sorry for my English :|
    Saturday, July 4, 2009 6:05 PM

Answers

• Hello Out.Law,

I couldn't tell you what happened without a Diagnostic Report from when it was showing Non-Genuine.

If your Vista goes Non-Genuine again, create a now thread, download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the “Windows” tab, and click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into the new thread.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Monday, July 6, 2009 9:18 PM

All replies

• Okay guys something crazy just happened the computer freezed again but now the 2 line to the right that was saying my copy of windows is not genuine is gone i checked my copy at microsoft web site and it said my copy is genuine, i dont know what is happining to my computer so any explanation ?
    Saturday, July 4, 2009 10:13 PM
  • Hello Out.Law,

I couldn't tell you what happened without a Diagnostic Report from when it was showing Non-Genuine.

If your Vista goes Non-Genuine again, create a now thread, download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the “Windows” tab, and click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into the new thread.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Monday, July 6, 2009 9:18 PM