can i use the same office product key after i do a full system restoration RRS feed

• Question

• I need to do a full system restoration on my laptop but I have used all of the available keys on my office home and student. it allows you to put it on three computers and I have done that, but it seems like I could use the same key once I restore my computer. Does anyone know if that is true or not? I also tried to use the email support on microsofts website, but it is saying my product key is invalid. so I am a little worried to just try and do a full system restore if my key is supposedly invalid (which it's not). Ive used it for a couple years now.
    Monday, February 2, 2009 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hey Katie :-),

Thank you for visiting the Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) program forum. Your post is out of scope for the OGA program forum as well as out of our expertise. I suggest posting your question to one of the Microsoft Office Discussion Groups located here:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?d=1

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.office.misc&lang=en&cr=US

I will try and provide some help until you can visit the other two forums. How many computers do you currently own including the laptop and how many systems do you have Office Home and Student installed on including the laptop once it is restored? You are allowed to have Office Home and Student installed on three computers at the same time. Please check the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) for confirmation. So if you wipe out and restore the laptop and only have Office Home and Student installed on two systems then you can install on the laptop. You can not install and run Office Home and Student on more than 3 computers at the same time.

Thank you for visiting the OGA program forum.

Stephen

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, February 3, 2009 12:17 AM
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 12:16 AM