Reinstalling Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm another one of those people who have reinstalled Vista on a laptop and are having problems. I've got my code, have put it in, tried to activate Vista, but have then had Vista shout upsetting things at me, like "the vista home premium product key you typed is invalid for activation". I have never heard such lies! Obviously, it would be nice if anyone knows how to solve this paradox, any ideas?

Since originally posting this I have tried the slui.exe 4 solution, to no avail, and have also contacted Acer, who supplied my laptop, who helpfully said this -

"
    Hello, Thank you for contacting Acer.

Regarding your enquiry,

When you buy a laptop you pay for the hardware.  You are not paying any money for windows (which is why a windows disc is not supplied) as it comes pre-installed on the hard drive at factory level

If you are using a windows disc then you will have a product key with this which is what you need to use to activate the windows

Regards
    Jonathan
    Acer Technical Support Team"

Which personally, i think is rather rude, therefore i shall not be buying anything from them again. I paid the money for my laptop assuming that i would get windows with it, as that was what was advertised. so surely this means they are producing false advertising, and whats more, if i have not paid for a copy of windows, then surely it is not legal?
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:17 PM

Answers