Is this the only place to get support on OCS 2007??? RRS feed

• Question

• I've now tried three times to install OCS Enterprise Edition 2007, and each time I get an error about starting the Front End Service. I see other people have had the exact same problem, yet no one has found a solution. How is it, that so many people have this problem, yet MS hasn't come across it before? I've tried installing it using different service accounts, etc. Same exact problem. The install goes along just fine until it tries to start the Front End Service, and poof it just dies right there with this hexidecimal error 0xc3ec79e6 that no one can figure out. Hello, Hello, anyone?

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 4:39 PM

Answers

• The resolution to this issue was due to the fact the I also have LCS 2005 on this network. To get the front end service to start, I had to change the global properties, federation tab to the OCS2007 server. Then the service started.

Thursday, May 3, 2007 7:14 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Yes, the is the OCS 2007 public beta forum. The error that you are getting is synonymous with a certificate issue. Your OCS 2007 server should have a certificate applied to it for pool MTLS authentication. This certificate should have a FQDN that matches the FQDN of the pool e. g. pool01.ocsdomain.com. Now this same certificate has to be manually applied to the local IIS defualt webstie server on the OCS 2007 Access edge / Web conferencing server. This will provide authentication / encryption for the web conferencing material that will be shared by the virtual folders here (but the cert missing from here will not keep the service from starting) This certificate has to be created using the IIS Web Server template. The PKI used of creation of the OCS 2007 certs can be a Windows private CA or you can acquire the certificates from a public CA e. g. verisign ot tharwte.

Thanks,

Mike Adkins  OCS beta support

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 8:47 PM
  • Thank you for the information, but the cert is installed and appears to functioning properly. I did add the cert to the default web site as well, and the front end service still will not start. I'll try creating a new cert that just matches the machine name and see if that makes any difference.
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 11:33 PM
  • The resolution to this issue was due to the fact the I also have LCS 2005 on this network. To get the front end service to start, I had to change the global properties, federation tab to the OCS2007 server. Then the service started.

Thursday, May 3, 2007 7:14 PM