Problem with Windows Messenger Icons appearing in Outlook rather than MOC Presence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I have a single user on an OCS rollout of 150 endpoints that has managed to do something strange. I have not dug too deep, but am initially confused as to how this has happened, and maybe someone has a quick answer without my tearing the PC apart.

Scenario: Windows Messenger Contact icons are appearing in MS Outlook 2003 and other MS Office Applications where you would normally see the nice round MOC Presence Icon. Not only does the wrong (top half of man type) icon appear, it also does not, obviously, mirror the presence server engine on the main OCS pool.

Loathe to do anything drastic if there is a simple answer / any experience and suggested resolution out there somewhere??

Thanks very much for your time and help

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:02 PM

All replies

• That is certainely a strange on alright.  Have you attemtped to remove/reinstall either the OC client or Outlook?  I don't know of that being customizable so I'd assume something is corrupted on that workstation.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:12 PM
  • Thanks Jeff - we have certainly unistalled and re-installed MOC to no avail. I am informed that the issue also exists in Word etc when attempting to contact colleagues, so suspect the issue in not within Outlook. May just have to bite the bullet - and the end user - and reload workstation.... will back burner that just incase anyone else has anything to add. In the mean time, thanks very much for your input

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:45 PM
  • Before you rebuild/reimage the machine, try uninstalling Office completely as well as MSN/MOC and reinstalling them and see how that goes.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:06 AM