none
Can't get full set of border options on pasted image in WLW

Question

• I have a little problem with certain pasted images.

I.e.: If i want to use an image from flickr.com/creativecommons i could right click on it, choose copy and paste it in WLW.

Unlike images inserted the "normal way" (i.e. inserted though the Insert -> Picture' menu) i'm lacking the possibility to set border-style and apply effects.

I can change the other optioners inherited from the originating pages (URL, alternate text, size, margins) but not the border. I only got two options from the Borders drop-down-menu: 'Inherit from blog' and 'None'.

This happens both with pictures inserted from Internet Explorer 7 (7.0.6001.18000) and FireFox 3 (3.0.7). In FireFox though, i can copy the image alone and when pasted that way i can change the border, apply effects etc.

Does anybody now of a way to get WLW to change the border and apply effects, on images inserted with inherited options?

Kind regards Henrik
    Friday, March 27, 2009 4:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Henrik,

When you Copy/Paste images like this, you're actually just pointing to the image that's already out there on the web. We can't offer borders in this case, because we can't change the image file that already exists.

In Firefox, when you copy the image alone and paste it, we are creating our own copy of that image and will upload it to your blog. So in that case, since we "own" the copy you can change the border.

Hope that is not too confusing...
    Monday, March 30, 2009 4:16 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Henrik,

When you Copy/Paste images like this, you're actually just pointing to the image that's already out there on the web. We can't offer borders in this case, because we can't change the image file that already exists.

In Firefox, when you copy the image alone and paste it, we are creating our own copy of that image and will upload it to your blog. So in that case, since we "own" the copy you can change the border.

Hope that is not too confusing...
    Monday, March 30, 2009 4:16 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Joe,

Yes i'm just referring to a image on the web. But i thought that adding borders would be just normal HTML-encaspulation and not a edit of the picture. I do understand now - however - why the other functions aren't available :)

Kind regards Henrik
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 9:11 AM