OFF TOPIC: Trojan Horse RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have what appears to be a trojan horse (downloader.generic4.BIT). I am running AVG free edition which has detected the virus and which it claims it has deleted.

When I connect to the internet after a few second explorer grinds to a halt and displays the default error message page.

Can anyone suggest a way of getting rid of the virus please?

Yours

Simon

Monday, April 23, 2007 4:57 PM

All replies

• Since you are not using Windows Live OneCare, you are off topic for this forum. This is not a general forum for viruses, spyware, or Windows Help. For help with spyware issues, you may want to try the forums here: 

http://aumha.net/ For help with virus removal, contact the maker of your Antivirus program.

Monday, April 23, 2007 5:07 PM
  • More than likely what you do have is a malware issue, and AVG AV cant fix it since its not a virii strand its much of a tojan worm all we can advise you from here is try downloading windows defender and run it through to your system or Windows Onecare since it has a built in antispyware aspect... if you are within US and canada location call 866 727 2338 but if not ask your local microsoft office and ask for it they have a PCsafety contact number

thanks

Monday, April 23, 2007 7:00 PM